Roofing Tile Association of Australia

The RTAA is an incorporated association consisting of concrete and terracotta roofing tile manufacturers and persons with an interest in the roofing tile industry.

The RTAA manufacturing member companies are responsible for the installation of about 60 per cent of the tiled roofs in Australia. Among them are some of Australia largest companies; Boral Limited, Brickworks Limited, CSR Limited and the BGC Group. Of the remaining 40 per cent, the vast majority are supplied and installed by RTAA associate members.

Since 2004, the RTAA has been working to promote the activities of the concrete and terracotta tile industry in Australia. The RTAA was the result of an amalgamation of a number of state associations, which are now established as state divisions of the national association.

The key roles of the RTAA are to:

  • Address occupational health and safety issues within the building industry which affect roof tilers, including working with government to improve workplace safety standards
  • Foster and encourage the training of roof tilers
  • Educate the general public about the advantages of roof tiles over other roofing products

Members include all manufacturers of concrete and terracotta tiles in Australia:

  • Boral Roofing
  • Bristile Roofing
  • CSR Roofing
  • Harmony Roofing (a division of the Buckeridge Group)
  • Alice Roofing (a division of the Barro Group)
  • Monier Prime Roofing

The RTAA is uniquely positioned to speak with authority on behalf of its industry.

The Association represents in excess of 90 percent of roofing tile manufacturing and installation activities across all of Australia.

The RTAA manufacturing member companies are responsible for the installation of about 60 per cent of the tiled roofs in Australia. Of the remaining 40 per cent, the vast majority are supplied and installed by RTAA associate members.

Therefore, collectively the RTAA membership is responsible for nearly all the installation of roofing tiles in Australia.

Roofing Tile Association of Australia

PO Box 370
Artarmon NSW 1570 Australia
T: 02 8448 5500
W: www.rtaa.com.au
E: info@rtaa.com.au